The City of Luxembourg and the Luxembourg City Tourist Office present "Winterlights", the festival of lights and animation that plunges the heart of the millenary city of Luxembourg in a magical, wonderful and romantic decor with its Christmas markets spread over several sites across the city, its big wheel, its carousels, its Advent circus, its street animations, processions and parades, exhibitions, shows and concerts.
Savor the typical gastronomic flavors of Luxembourg and the neighboring regions (Gromperekichelcher, soups, hot spiced red or white wine from Luxembourg, chocolate and candy made on site, ...) or treat yourself to dishes from around the world (Thai noodles, Nürnberger Rostbratwurst, Feuerzangenbowle, Irish Coffee, gingerbread, ...) while enjoying the procession of Saint Nicolas or one of the many public concerts.
You'll be enthralled by the impressive and unique backdrop that the city of Luxembourg offers with its valleys and plateaus, its silhouette punctuated by towers and buds. During this festive holiday season, this is highlighted by the unparalleled Christmas lighting that sparkles like a thousand stars.
- Vins et crémants event from December 2nd to 4th
- Saint Nicolas procession on December 4th
- Luxembourg Light Nights from December 8th to 10th
- Knuedler on ice – ice skating rink from November 22nd to January 8th
- Advent Circus from December 2nd to December 18th
- over 200 Christmas concerts
- Pierre Bardet’s blue tree
- Christmas shopping
- special Christmas programm at the theatres, Cinémathèque and Villa Vauban in Luxembourg City
Picture: © Andres LejonaStart organising my event at this period of time